Saturday, June 26, 2010

Courage/politics

I have noticed, through reading, watching, and talking that it doesn't take as much courage anymore to step out and say "I believe _____". Yeah, fill in the blank. For an example I'll use the thought that there is many paths to one god. You may have heard it before, somebody says I'm a christian but I think that all religions will lead to heaven. So basically they are saying that "I believe that I will get to heaven by accepting Jesus into my heart. I also believe that my Muslim buddy is going to heaven and we'll party with the Buddhists." Why would they say that?

I believe it comes down to political correctness (hereafter referred to as "pc"). It's been hammered into our heads that we can't offend anybody because of a belief or a lifestyle or an illness/disability. So then this gets transferred into our religious beliefs. We sit there and think "how can I be religious and pc?" That's my though on how we came to this ridiculous conclusion that all paths lead to the same god. And my problem with that is how can say your a christian (or muslim or jewish or whatever religion you follow) and say that it doesn't matter what god or gods your worship we'll see each other in heaven. If you truly believe what you say you do then there can be no room for that line of thinking. Why? Because as a christian the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ, the only true god, or as he is also known, God. Ergo anyone who worships another god will not be in heaven, they will be in hell.

I don't claim to be a scholar or a theologian or to have any great understanding of the bible but this is the way I see it. I think we need to have the courage to stand up and say this is the way. Or as God said "I am the Way the Truth and the Light".

Nobody wants to be the person that always going around insulting people and being argumentative but maybe it's time that we stop trying to be pc. Maybe we need to have a little courage. Maybe we need to stand up and say this is how it is. Maybe we need to get a little offensive.

The process, projected.

1 comment: